Friday, December 31, 2010
What I've Learned This Year.
(gratuitous self portrait - if the fashion bloggers can do it daily then so can I dammit!)
1. New York City isn't the only great place in the world to live. I really love Maine. And I think I might be happy in lots of other places beyond the Big Apple too.
2. No one makes a marinara like my parents. Nobody.
3. Family gets better when they're not nearby. Now hear me out before you yell. I just mean that I appreciate my family more now that my time with them is limited. I have a GREAT family.
4. Tea is better for me than coffee. But coffee is way more delicious.
5. I have a long way to go with learning to compromise. I must be an adult if I'm suddenly admitting this to myself.
6. I worry more about saving money to buy a house than I do about buying clothes. I'm flippin' old.
7. Trends that do not look good on me: harem pants.
8. There is absolutely nothing more healing than a weekend drinking wine with my girlfriends. Not therapy, not yoga, not self-help books. Friends work wonders.
9. I can go organic, but not with shampoo. There is no brand out there that makes my hair glisteny rather than greasy.
10. When I was in middle school I wrote a love story about a fisherman in Maine. I didn't realize then that I'd be writing my own history. Thank GOD I had a good imagination.
11. I can get sick of eating seafood (though it takes quite a lot).
What did you learn in 2010?