Friday, December 31, 2010

What I've Learned This Year.


(gratuitous self portrait - if the fashion bloggers can do it daily then so can I dammit!)

1. New York City isn't the only great place in the world to live. I really love Maine. And I think I might be happy in lots of other places beyond the Big Apple too.

2. No one makes a marinara like my parents. Nobody.

3. Family gets better when they're not nearby. Now hear me out before you yell. I just mean that I appreciate my family more now that my time with them is limited. I have a GREAT family.

4. Tea is better for me than coffee. But coffee is way more delicious.

5. I have a long way to go with learning to compromise. I must be an adult if I'm suddenly admitting this to myself.

6. I worry more about saving money to buy a house than I do about buying clothes. I'm flippin' old.

7. Trends that do not look good on me: harem pants.

8. There is absolutely nothing more healing than a weekend drinking wine with my girlfriends. Not therapy, not yoga, not self-help books. Friends work wonders.

9. I can go organic, but not with shampoo. There is no brand out there that makes my hair glisteny rather than greasy.

10. When I was in middle school I wrote a love story about a fisherman in Maine. I didn't realize then that I'd be writing my own history. Thank GOD I had a good imagination.

11. I can get sick of eating seafood (though it takes quite a lot).

What did you learn in 2010?

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Didn't you wear the harem pants in NYC? I thought you looked great in them! Great list very inspiring. Couldn't agree more with you about the friend bit! Love you.

D&D said...

yes but in retrospect - diaper butt.